Monday, September 7, 2009

Do you have any idea who you robbed???

Dear Mom;

As for the iPod... keep it for the conference talks... and if you can, do each talk individually instead of the whole session together. Anything else that you can think of just let me know. I do want morgan to go talk to schreiber about my cd´s from Chorale 2008 and 2007 if there are any left, and Encore 2008. She might have to bring in a few blank cd´s to get them... idk just go ask about them first. And then if you could I wouldn´t mind if you copied them and sent a copy of each and I´ll decide what I can listen to of them... or just put them on the iPod and I´ll figure out a way to filter any if they shouldn´t be listened to. As far as other media going on the iPod... some pictures are fine... mission pictures especially and maybe some others that you find appropriate for a missionary... but as for church movies, I think probably not. The iPod never leaves the piso anyway. if we want to show a video to investigators it´ll be planned and there will be ways to do it. Thanks though. Also when you send my iPod, could you send me my flame socks? I want to sport those things... and they´re more comfortable than the socks I have. :) Thanks!!!

Mom, I never thought that the family would go to float the river for your birthday unless it was a prank of some sort. It´s never too late to change I guess! :)

Juan´s family is doing well. Elizabeth is so ready to go! Juan had some questiond last time we went over there but he was fairly accepting of the answers we gave him. He´ll be ready for the 3rd of October. Their grandmother is still the same. We also have another investigator that is progressing quite well. We can only teach her on Saturdays because she works in the city and stays at that person´s house. But she really felt the spirit strongly during the first lesson. Well, at least that´s what I interpreted the tears as! :)

So, the Lord definitely looks out for his servants. On the train ride back from the zone conference we were all sitting in the same car and some of the bags were at the end of the car on some bag racks. We stopped at a station along the way and some man was on the phone as he said, "una mochila roja fue robada." (Someone´s red backpack just got stolen.) He was on the phone with the police to get them to stop a man who walked up to the rack looked around and decided to take Elder Klingler´s. It´s a miracle that the guy even realized that the bag wasn´t that man´s and then that he was able to act so quickly and get security to stop the thief. Elder Klingler talked to the security over the phone and the security officer said that he was going through the bag and pulled out the Book of Mormon... He told the thief, "You robbed a man of God, This will go against you in the final judgement." We all thought that was pretty funny that he said that to him. So Elder Klingler got everything back that night and everything was fine.

Elder Paya basically told us that we are in fact here for one reason and one reason only... not to make friends and baptize people, but to baptise converts. He said it is what we are here to do but not the measure of our success as a missionary. Your success is measured by your commitment to find and bring people to baptism. It´s how hard you work and how obedient you are that is your measure of success.

I learned again that you shouldn´t just go play a sport all day long if you haven´t done so in a while. The day after Zone Conference we had a combined p-day and I went and played soccer. We played for four hours! :P Too much! I could hardly climb stairs forthe following two days. My muscles were so tight! Still didn´t have any issues since I´ve continued my stretching but it was painful climbing stairs. I´ve got a question concerning that a little bit. What would be the bestthing to do for a make shift heat pack? My shoulder muscles are killing me and giving me head aches and I need... well a spa would be nice but... What´s the best thing to do? (btw, we don´t have an oven, if that matters). Also, What sould I do about my shoulder bag? It REEKS! I washed it three times last week... twice in a row and the smell just comes back. I need to de-odorize it. got any home remedies?

So do you have any idea when Amy sent her letter or where she sent it to? I still haven´t gotten it and I was really looking forward to it on wednesday at zone conference. :( I guess I´ll just be patient! It´ll be tough but I´ll survive.

Well, best thing that happened this week? my companion was able to fall asleep before 2:00 in the morning. He fell asleep before I was even ready for bed. It was amazing! Since High School he has had trouble falling asleep... and then there´s me who got up to stretch this morning and fell asleep on the tile floor for an hour and a half. haha I´ve also dosed off standing up in the bus before! Thanks Dad for raising me in the truck! :) If you can fall asleep sitting in the spade you can fall asleep anywhere! haha

I love you all!

Elder Austin Keith Heywood

No comments: