My talk went well! I wasn´t very nervous because I thought that I would be giving that same talk like three times before, so I have read over it a million times and I know a little bit more spanish! :) I got a few compliments on my spanish the other day when we were on splits and had to talk to people on the phone and in the streets. They all said that my spanish is getting better and on the phone they didn´t even know it wa me because I answered all their questions perfestly and I can´t normally do that! I think it is a lot easier to speak spanish when I´m with someone who isn´t way better than me at spanish and I know all the people better than they do! :) I should start doing that! It is just way hard to speak the entire time in spanish when it´s harder and both of us have the same natural language. I´ll try harder though!!!
I like the advice that Elder LeSueur gave. (work 10 times harder at catching your children - or companion - doing something good than doing something bad or wrong.) I will also work harder at that! There is only one thing that kind of bugs me and I probably dwell on it a little more than I should. It´s nothing big but I need to start blocking those thaughts with good, uplifting thoughts. He does have a lot of knowledge of the scriptures and history of things relating to it. It kind of makes me wish that I had read more often before the mission. unfortunately it probably won´t change a ton after the mission. It will change a little though!
Did Kristalyn never share that website with you? I told her to like the first or second week I was here! Get on her about that one! jk
http://www.spainmalagamissionaries.com/recentpicturesYeah that picture was at the Plaza de España. Apparently that plaza was in one of the star wars movies. Yeah the zone conference with Elder Paya will be next transfer. We have zone conference this wednesday and pday on thursday and stake conference on saturday and sunday. So we didn´t find out that pday was on thursday until after last pday so we decided to write today so that you wouldn´t worry. We´re just taking time out of medio-día. No Worries!!! Yeah 118º here! :P that´s in sevilla though. It´s not quite as hot in the pueblo I´m in and not as hot as mesa! BUT we are outside during the hot part of the day and we don´t have AC. We only have a couple floor fans. People give us water if that´s what you mean. I don´t think I will ever again in my life have another missionary come to my door without offering them water. Water never tasted so good! haha
Ummmmmm... you said, "So I took a picture of someone cool holding your amazing sword." I AGREE!!! I am excited to hear from her! If it was sent in the last month and maybe a little... I won´t get it till wednesday! That´s just because we only get mail from the office at interviews and zone conference and I haven´t had either in about 3 and a half weeks. I´m excited to be getting mail from friends though!!!!! :D So she thought the sword was pretty sweet? I´m glad she came over to say hi! And that you gave her some regaliz! And that she got to see Brady! I´m glad to hear about the marriages... if you can figure out a way I kind of want announcements! :)
I like enya
Chopin yes
Michele baer yes
You raise me up by josh groban
EFY cd´s that we have
My eclipse cd and the christmas one.
I´ll have a few others next week that I want too. I forgot my agenda today so I don´t have my list. Thank you so much!!!!
noddles and soup would be good and yes boullion is available!
Best thing that happened this week... I´ll start from the very beginning, a very good place to start. When you read you begin with A-B-C. When you teach you begin with 1º-2º-baptism!!! Elder Going and Elder Hurley found some people before I came that wanted to listen but with the three other families living in their apartment it was tough. They also didn´t have work and life was down in the dumps. The wife finally got work and they moved to their own apartment. They are a spanish couple with two little boys. We taught the first and second lesson and they couldn´t find their BoM this whole time so we gave them the restoration pamphlet and the plan of salvation pamphlet to read and asked them to pray about Joseph Smith and about the gospel. During the second lesson we taught about how Christ was baptised while he was here on earth and they said that they had both been baptised. We left that lesson thinking that it was going to be tough to work our way around through priesthood athority and back to baptism. We went the third time planning to teach the third lesson but we ended up going back over the first a little bit and asked if they had prayed. They had. How did you feel? Good! That was the spirit. Did you ask about the BoM? Oh I know that´s true! :D :D :D Did you pray about baptism?(cuz we asked them to pray about that as an important step into the true church if it is here on earth.) Yes! Can we set a Baptismal Date as a goal? Yes! How´s the 19th? (gives us three weeks to gett them to church three times and the week to stop smoking) Sounds good? Awesome!!! We left there being called angels by the wife and the husband saying it was divine intervention, us being placed in their path.
Well that was tuesday and saturday rolled around... the husband´s grandma got sick and was in the hospital and probably won´t live long so they didn´t want to b far away... therefore they didn´t go to church on sunday,but they have a strong testimony and that´s the first commitment they haven´t kept (with good reason) so we moved their date for two weeks later and we´re going at it! Their Awesome! Juan and Elizabeth and their kids, Angel and Christian.
I think that will cover for all of the topics you want to hear about. And I´m getting quite long too!
Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Heywood
ps. I´ve been stretching the past 2 weeks and then on saturday we played some soccer... Didn´t have a problem. It´s nice being able to play sports and still be able to walk afterwards! :) I´ll continue stretching every morning and try to stretch every night as well! It helps so much! And I´m getting more flexible! :D That´s always exciting!

No comments:
Post a Comment