Monday, August 10, 2009

Made it to church this week!

I spent some money on different things... I got a camera case and some indoor type soccer shoes... that doesn´t exactly go under mission fund stuff so I bought it myself and then I think there was a burger king thing on there too... that was just some make up for some weird things that happened with money when I bought my camera case. Don´t worry. I decided after the first month that I would budget each individual week and it definitely helps. It gets tight at the end of the month but it always works out.

I´m glad to hear good news of the family. And that you made it to the temple. You´re doing great! You´ve raised good kids (that´s not a brag but, it is) I´ve got a great mother. Advice for Bryan... Definitely learn the scripture masteries. Some teachers aren´t as strict on that and they help a lot out here! Don´t ever ditch and don´t talk bad about your teacher. I don´t know why I feel like i need to say that but yeah. Good luck to the youngins with school. We did make it to church... half way through sacrament meeting (the last meeting) because the bus system is just messed up. There is a little construction so they went around our neighborhood and moved the stop around the corner from where we were and we had no idea cuz there is nothing indicating it. But yes we made it... Barely!

The family we´re teaching... Awesome Stuff! Yesterday it was just her but we struggled to get her to pray but she did and in her prayer she said something to the effect of, "thanks that i´ve already realized some of these things are true!" And then we got asked on a date by another lady on our way out of there. She asked if we wanted to go to a bar and get a drink and get something to eat. THAT WAS WEIRD!

and another prayer... The African that invited himself to church... we met with him just before Sivelis (the other lady) and he said the closing prayer and said "thanks for answering my prayer today." I wasn´t sure what that meant.

Another lady that we talked to on Saturday... She´s from Peru and when she lived there she had FHE with a family every week and her boy would go to scouts with them... basically she´s just been really prepared. And from other life experiences she already has a way strong testimony of prayer. She told us that she´ll read a little more and then pray about the Book of Mormon/ Church/ Joseph Smith and if she gets the answer that it´s true then she´ll belong to the church!!!!!!!

And just before that there was a man from nicaragua that is strong evangelical... so it´s going to be hard to get him to church soon... but he´s got the right ideas and a strong testimony of prayer as well. I hope he prays about it too. He´s about to get baptised with an evangelical church and I hope we can just change the location of hte baptism! jaja

Ok so there are a couple random things I want to tell you... I´m told there is a mac program that if it is installed on the mac then you can run pc prgrams...photo shop :) Also there is a sister coming home to Mesa in a week and a half! Her name is Hermana Lindley. You don´t know her and I highly doubt that her mom is on MM´s. I want a chicken noodle soup recipe and stuffed bell peppers as well. My ipod is weird and has a quarter of the wheel that doesn´t work I am wondering if I could send it home with her and have someone take care of that sending it back to apple and getting a new one and sending it back to me. Should I send it? Find out about warranty info this week please? Thanks you for everything! Tell Kristalyn sorry i didn´t even have time to read her email! I feel really bad about that!

Love you all! Gotta go!
Elder Heywood

No comments: