It sure is easy to pick up a language when you are forced to speek it! I hope things go well with the adoption! Random fact about Russia... it´s close to Ukraine so it reminded me of it! For Russian missionaries, they have to take a visa trip every 3 months and every visa trip costs as much as an entire south american mission! it´s insane! That´s what I was told by one of the russian elders in the CCM. They go there often for their trips!
We might get rain today too! It was way cloudy outside! Thanks for the Apron and the Koolaid and everything! And thanks for the support! I love you Mom!
Oh yeah... Talk... I didn´t give it because my comp was talking to someone and they didn´t remember which one of us it was and so they just said that they assigned the first talk but couldn´t remember who it was... I only caught "forgot to assign talk." I was listening for elder heywood or something like that! so I´ll give it in august probably since there will be nobody else to give talks... which kinda defeats the purpose of a talk on missionary work huh? Whatever!
I decided this week while i was on splits one day that I want to combine the characteristics of two missionaries I know! One was kinda trunky the whole mission and then is finishing strong this transfer and the other has been working way hard the whole mission and has kinda hit a wall! I want to figure out a way to work hard the entire mission and then still finish strong!
My spanish is getting quite a bit better and I am learning to understand the people a little more. It all is from just talking to people and making contacts in the street! That way they have no idea before hand that you don´t speak much spanish and then you have control over the conversation... It´s easier to understand people when they are talking about something you are familiar with! It´s just way hard to talk to the missionaries in spanish because when you are with others that have the same native language as you the conversation just naturally goes back to that language!
The other thing about contacts in the street is it gives you something to do! During the summer here it gets way dead because everybody leaves for vacation and it´s way hot and nobody keeps or even makes appointments. Long story short... It´s easy to get depressed! So you just go make contacts! we have a zone goal that started at the end of last week that will last until the end of this transfer that every missionary is going to make 10 contacts in the street every day! Since I have been doing that I´ve been a lot more happy!
The first day that we were doing this I made up a quote!!! :) That was exciting cuz that never happens to me! We were walking and I was just excited about talking to people. Because of something I said my companion said not to set your hopes so high or jump so high that you have a hard crash landing! Without thinking I said, "I Jump high enough to use the parachute!" OH YEAH!!!!! How do you like them apples???
Anyway... That was a fun day! We only had one cita but it was way fun contacting people! It´s so much easier too when you have a number. No missions aren´t about numbers but if you don´t have numbers you aren´t getting aything done! So you try to get numbers but focus on each individual as you go!
Well that´s what I got this week! Thanks for the letter! I love you!
Con Amor,
Elder Austin Heywood
Monday, July 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great letter! I know he will be strong through the whole mission. Thats the kind of guy Austin is!!
Post a Comment