Monday, April 26, 2010

Half Way Day

Dear Family,

I send you half a thanks for my half of the package and Elder Hafen send the other half. I loved it all! And surprisingly enough there are still some halved pecans left. (some... not 1/2 ;). You did indeed come up with some great ideas. Thank you.

To answer some questions, no you have not sent any updated house photos. How was the weekend this time trying to sell it? I try to remember to pray for you for that. So you can´t upload the pictures from the camera card? Do you want me to send my broken one home. I guess that is one thing it would be good for! haha

I also am wondering what to do about my iPod... The batteries ran out the other day like normal and then I charged it. However, when I tryed to play music again it was completely empty. Supposedly we´ve gone back in time and it´s June 7, 2000. grrrrrrrr. So I have nothing more than a couple cd´s. :´( I could either send it home to you or give it to the office elders and have them put music on it. The only problem with that is it is all formatted horribly. :P I don´t know what to do... or I could do both. idk

I also have been thinking about buying a european suit to bring home... when they are on liquidation... but I think I just changed my mind the other day. I finally found a spanish Astana biking jersey and "bib"(the shorts made in a different way). They cost 113€ together. I´m going to ask President this wednesday at zone conference if the bike shops ever do "rebajas"(massive sales...liquidation). If they do I am going to buy it this july-ish. I changed my mind because I don´t plan on ruining my suits that I´ve got. They are holding up really well compared to what people make them out to. Then again I did buy the higher quality missionary suits.

I´m going to send this and then keep writing in the hopes that you respond to this.

Elder Heywood

So about the area and my Companion. Elder Hafen and I are getting along well. We had a discussion as we were walking yesterday and it really made us decide to do everything we can to make this both of our best one or two transfers in the mission. He is staying tighter to the mission rules than ever before and I am as well except sometimes in the morning I don´t have quite as much time as I´d like to study. (I know it´s hard to believe that I want to study...More. Go ahead and sit back down. Don´t call president and ask what the secret is). jaja

So far in the mission Elder ___ was my best and favorite companion but I can see competition here. With time I think we will be able to do great. Elder Hafen is great at working with the members and I am just trying to keep up with him. I have a lot to learn from him. He´s great! The change in the presidency has changed a lot in our branch. I can see a lot of things happening here in the near future.

Yesterday we were at a member´s house and they said that two of their friends are coming over. One of them is blind and maybe has interest in the gosple. That generally is a problem as far as giving them a book of mormon, but it just so happens that one of our recent converts is also blind. The branch ordered her a triple in Braile and the mission ordered a Book of Mormon in Braile. Well, she doesn´t need both so we still have the Book of Mormon in our piso. We weren´t able to meet this girl yesterday but in due time I believe we´ll have a taker for the extra Book of Mormon. :)

I love you all Happy belated birthday to Kayla!!!

Elder Heywood

ps. Thanks for the invitation to her birthday dinner. I wish I could have made it! ;)

No comments: