Wednesday, April 14, 2010

New Companion

Semana Santa is over an the work is in fact picking up. We set a fecha yesterday!!! We also had, for the first time since I´ve been here, an investigator in church. I__ is one of the three references that we received during the Hora de oro a couple weeks back and he is "de oro"!!! I think he could be baptised within a few more weeks! He is so prepared and everything is going great... with the two discussions we´ve had with him. I was hoping to set a fecha with him after church on sunday but he had to leave quickly. He´s going to have a fecha the next time that we see him!!! His parents in Bolivia are members. When we met him he was with his girlfriend that wouldn´t hardly even talk to us because she was evagelical and didn´t want to argue. I think she mistook us for JW´s. haha But when we met with him he had broken up iwth her because they didn´t agree with many things concerning religion. But I think that he is in agreeance with what we´ve had to say so far!!!

As far as I could tell we have a strong posibility of having 5 or six baptisms in the time that I am here!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I know that that was more than one or three exclamation marks!) ;) S is the one with the fecha right now. We set it yesterday and I am not sure if she will get baptised on that date or not but you never know. She set it for the saturday in 4 weeks. the 8th of may. We´ll see how everything goes with that.

Other than that we have s´s "member" friend, V, who was supposedly baptised in Columbia but nobody can find his record. We also have that M that I think I have mentioned before. Then we have an excommunicated member that is working towards rebaptism and should be free to go in june. And his wife will get baptised with him!!!

This area is exploding!!! And on top of all that, the branch presidency just got changed yesterday... and I think that will be good for the branch!

I would agree that the leak never happened for a reason, but the "Granola Bar incident" did. By small and simple things are great things braught to pass! This may have been a little bigger than what we might think is small but in reality it was a small test of listening to the Spirit so that greater things in the Lord can be brought to pass later on. I really enjoyed that experience... well, the learning that come from the experience.

I want you to send me the mission address for Kyle´s mission. Also you should read the newsletter that we got this week from the mission. if you don´t remember how to get on ... new.myldsmail.net and use my LDS account login information.

Don´t worry, I´ll be careful burning the shirt. I´ll be sure to throw a bit of extra gas on it just for you! ;) jk I´ll be smart! But don´t think I´ll make it boring. jajaj We are going to have a big barbecue at J and M´s house today to say goodbye to Elder Pitts. Oh yeah, I´m getting a new companion! Elder Pitts is going to Puerto de la Cruz, tenerife. So he gets to change missions. He´s excited about it. I think it´s prety cool! My new companion is Elder Hafen! He was also Elder Bytheway´s companion. You should have a few pictures of him on the card I just sent home. And the video of me laying down with birds on top of me you can hear his voice. He´s cool! I am way excited to start working with him!!! He knows the scriptures really well and teaches really well. We are going to have fun too!

I have been debating whether I should buy some flat concrete play "sala" soccer shoes or some running shoes to replace the ones I´ve got. Now that I know he´s my companion I am going to buy the running shoes. He loves to work out and run so I will be using the running shoes for running a lot more than I would right now. The shoes that I´m going to buy are 50€. Elder Pitts is also leaving behind a pair of sala shoes. He wore out the left toe from dragging it as he kicks so I will find some way to patch it and see how they work out. Speaking of reapairing shoes... I got my black shoes repaired and it was only 1.50 euros. Baratísimo!!! And as far as I can tell they are going to work out quite fine.

I don´t have much more to say about what´s going on here. I´m doing well and can´t complain about anything. Just kind of waiting for the next few days to get over so we can start working again rather than the focus being on saying goodbye to everybody! Well I hope you all have a great week.

Con Mucho Cariño
Elder Austin Heywood

No comments: