Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Cliffs - Insane!

Dear Family,

I am sorry I wasn't able to write on Monday. We went to Los Gigantes aka. The Cliffs of Insanity! We weren't able to get to the actual cliffs but we went on an amazingly fun hike! I love running up and down mountains! I got quite the work out from it and I'm glad I'm a little more into that whole stretching thing than I was before the mission! That saved me the next day! I have some fun pictures but I will have to send them some other time because my time is short today.

Well I had a first last week! We were in a lesson with L and as soon as we started I had the thought come to mind that I should talk a little about baptism. I knew where that thought came from. ;) I followed the prompting and started talking about baptism. When I started to talk about it though I just kept going... with guidance and eventually extended the invitation to be baptised. she said that she needed to know for sure whether our church is true. I was totally fine with that since we´ve only met with her 3 times. So we don´t have a date with her but every time we talk to her she is more and more interested! She feels the spirit and feels that our church is true but she just doesn´t recognize that this is her answer to her prayers! She came to church even though it was raining the other day and she plans to come this next week! We met with her yesterday with V, our land lady´s daughter, and that lesson went really well! This week we are trying to not turn in any 0´s and if we get a new investigator and a baptismal date with L it will be possible, because we have our two baptisms this weekend! L is a golden investigator. the only problem she´s had with us is that we gave her the Book of Mormon and she started reading in "Mormon". the next time we met with her she asked if we had something a little more uplifting. She wasn´t too fond of all the wars that she found in Mormon and Ether. haha We had her read from 3 Nephi 11 and then start back from the begining! Things are going a lot better now!!!

Today she asked us if the church has CD´s to buy with music on them. I´m not sure but I think we´ll be able to sniff something out! ;) We will try and get her some MoTab! As soon as we were done with the lesson today it started raining so we talked a little bit more and then went to her house to get out of the rain. (we meet in a park) we listened to the little bit of religious music that she has and then she expressed that she needs more church music. The stuff she had was actually not to bad. It´s really interesting what most people in the world call "religious music." Half of it is the style of music I avoid so I don´t chase the spirit away, while they listen to it saying that that´s how they feel the spirit! I just like the calm style stuff that you can call music and not screamo.

I might get to get in the ocean if the weather calms down and we can baptise H and P in the ocean. That will be cool! I´m baptising H and my companion is baptising P. They are awesome and so ready for baptism.

So yeah I´m excited for the change in missions! I would love to go to Madrid! Yup transfer calls are in two saturdays and I will know then where I´m going! I hope to go to Lanzy to be with Elder Bullen. That would be awesome!

I´m excited for President Turk to be going to Peru. I´ve had 3 baptisms so far and 2 of them are from Peru! It´s a good place! :)

Well I better get this sent before the internet closes on me. At least this time it will have a draft saved! I love Gmail!!!

I love you all! Have a great week!!!

Elder Austin Keith Heywood

No comments: