Well this week has been a lot of travelling! Last weekend we were up in la laguna for interviews and that took us out of our area for almost a day. Then when we got back we went to Hugo and Pilar´s house because they told us that they were going to tell us their baptismal date that night! They started talking about it all and for a while it seemed like they were going to tell us nevermind on the date... then they randomly told us that they are going to be baptised on the 20th of febuary!!! So as of now we have two Baptismal dates. As for Luz... she just works her little self to death. We can never get over there. We haven´t been over there for a couple weeks but I hope that changes soon! She'll be awesome when we are able to get with her on a regular basis.
Yesterday and the day before we were on Gran Canaria for zone conference! You know that picture of richard I sent home a couple weeks ago? I now have a picture of me standing in the same exact spot... or close... to where he was standing about 5 years ago... on a little island... half way around the world... in the middle of a GIANT ocean!!! Which also helped us realize how huge this world is. We spent 3 hours on a boat travelling straight to another island and they´re just tiny little dots on a map of the world. It´s crazy to think about! The boat ride was way fun and we played uno for most of it. And I got some sweet sunrise photos over the ocean!!! :)
So Autumn is living in our ward now? Where is she living? It took me a couple seconds but I was able to figure out who it was by the married name and that she went to school with me! She´s cool! Well I say hi back to her!
So a couple things... what makes teeth really white? is it baking soda? and whatever it my be... how do you use it?
also... just a thing that our branch president said in church on sunday... our church is the most active church in the world but it is beat in scripture study and prayer. I thought that was kind of interesting... and sad. Well, at least the scripture study. Prayer is kind of different in my opinion because there are some religions like the muslims that have to pray 5 times a day or the catholics that have simple quick recited "prayers." I don´t know but I think that affects things a lot.
It´s not that bad down where I am. Actually it´s the muggy from humidity that we have to fight off... and cocroaches that climb up your arm when you try to grab food!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost my apitite for the first time since... the worm I found in my rice 4 weeks ago! haha ok I´ll try to stop grossing you out!
The funniest thing that happened to me this week... My whole leg fell asleep in sacrament meeting and after it was over I tried to stand up and was the closest ever to falling over. Luckily I was half way back in the room so only half the ward saw me just about face plant it! :P
The coolest thing!... We played soccer against the Gran Canaria zone and they were supposed to win and they were up by a couple but then I got a random burst of energy and scored three goals in a row in about three minutes!!! That put us in the lead and then it got tied again and then we scored one more and won!!!
I taught the sunday school lesson on sunday about the articles of faith and it went quite well. I just wish that G wouldn´t talk so terribly much! haha He´s one of the other elders´ eternal investigators. We have one of those too! M just can´t get some important things in his head that he needs to get baptised but he keeps coming to church and a lot of the activities.
You asked about our area... whether we walk, run, bus, stay in our area... We do a little bit of everything... except for the running. There isn´t ever really a need to run anywhere. I dont know if that is a bad thing or good. But anyway... the other elders in our ward have a car now which helps us a little bit. The thing I don´t get is why they are getting the car. They don´t really need it and we really need it. The only thing I can think is that one of them is from Europe so he has a liscence and we´ll get it as soon as someone here gets a liscence. or they are just going to close down our area and then they´ll need it for the whole bottom half of the island. I wouldn´t be surprised if this area gets closed down in april when we lose a bunch of missionaries...including my comp.
I hope you all have a great week! I love you all and hope this gets through to you unlike last weeks!
Os Quiero,
Elder Heywood
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment