Well, about the packages... #2 arrived but I haven´t seen the one with the camera... I´m getting kind of worried! Are you sure you got the address right? You put plaza de astreo 3, BJ4 right? haha jk I got the camera and I´m loving it! I should get the other one in a day or two! I wish I would have gotten it early today because I don´t have access to any money at all! We were planning on getting mission money this morning but it didn´t come so I can´t even use that money to go shopping and then pay it back with my personal card. So we set this day aside to go Christmas shopping but... well that only works when you have money. :´(
As for the baptisms... Yes they are doing well and K, in my opinion, just needs a couple more good friends in the church and she will do great! She´s just a little shy! A, on the other hand, is not shy. She fits in so well! She loves the church and is willing to follow the commandments! And I don´t know what we (the missionaries here) will be doing for Christmas. But that´s why we´ve got 25 days to figure it out!
THANKSGIVING!!! That was a good dinner! It was a young couple that has been married for 5 years and this was the first time they cooked the dinner by themselves. All the other years it was their parents and they just sat back and enjoyed it. This year they were scrambling to figure things out on MarthaStewart.com! haha But it turned out quite delectible!!! We played some American football that morning and I think I may have released a little bit of extra frustration. :/ It was still fun though. Just a little dangerous with the wet artificial turf and metal fences surrounding it. Nobody got hurt though! It was a good day! Well, that night Bryan... the American that we ate with took us home... We got out of the car and realized that we didn´t have my stuff. We called the other missionaries and they called him and he was back at our house in 3 minutes! He pulled up and said, Don´t you love cell phones?!?
They really work miracles sometimes.
I will start doing that gratitude thing every day!
I have asked our family to do what President Eyring spoke of a little while back; each day, no matter how tired you are, before you go to sleep, write something the Lord has done for you during the day. We are doing this every day from Thanksgiving to Christmas, and then we will discuss it on Christmas Eve. It is really hard sometimes, but I understand it gets easier. If you can, I' love for you to join us in this endeavor.
That sounds like a great lesson that Bishop gave! I wish that kind of thing worked for investigators, but they don´t really know the problems that they faced in the Book of Mormon. It would be good for a ward lesson here though! We do have to teach every now and then so I´ll keep that in mind.
Today's combined Priesthood and RS lesson was good. Bishop asked us to list all "our" problems - not with specifics, but what our ward is facing. Then he asked us to move to "The World," naming the things that are drastically worse than ours or that we don't really face. When the chalkboard was pretty full, he asked us to name all the problems that were in the Book of Mormon that aren't already on the chalkboard. . . There really weren't any that we could come up with. Umm . . . there really aren't any. Then he asked us where we could turn to find peace and aswers. He finished by asking us to find book of Mormon references that teach us how to deal with the challenges we face. I really thought he did a great job and gave us all pause to think - with a belief that we could improve in turning to the Book of Mormon for answers, as well as the desire to do so.
I´m glad to hear that I now have 2 Ukrainian cousins!!! And I´m glad that transfers are coming up! And I´M GLAD TO HAVE AN AWESOME CAMERA!!! :D When I showed it to Hermana Mellor, who is a camera person, She said that that is the one she wants to get! I think I made a wise choice!!! Thank You So Much For Sending it for me!
Love Always,
Elder Heywood

1 comment:
He sounds great! I would have love to see that football game!
Post a Comment