

Dear Mom,
The work here is going great! We did get a call today from President... To congradulate us on our TWO BAPTISMAL DATES!!! :D We are going to baptise bothe Karina (yes it´s with a K... I got in trouble about that one) and Alessandra on the 21st of November! I´m getting my feet wet in my first area! I´ll be baptising Alessandra. And as far as Alessandra´s family goes... Her brother came to church yesterday and her mom will be able to start coming next week! They are all on their way to getting baptised... VERY SOON! We´re thinking that it´s possible to have them baptised on the Saturday before I leave! They are una familia de oro!!! Karina´s mom will be a little longer though. But she´ll come around some day!
We taught some bulgarians this last saturday... Boy was that a fun lesson! So the last time we were with them we found out that they speak russian. It just so happens that one of our recent converts speaks a fair amount of russian and understands spanish fairly well (She´s from Georgia... the coutry). Anyway, we decided that since The Restoration DVD plays in russian we would watch that... But they didn´t have a remote so it could only play in English. So we translated from english to spanish for Maía(the Georgian) and she translated from spanish to russian for the Bulgarians... that could understand russian... And then they translated to Bulgarian for their wives that could only understand bulgarian. haha FOUR LANGUAGES IN ONE LESSON!!! BOOM BABY!!!!!!!!!! Sounds hectic, and at times it was, but it turned out good and they are hopefully going to come to the baptism in two weeks!
We have not had our primary program yet. I am still dreading that one! :P That´s going to be a fun week!... sort of! But we did just have a family move into our ward and the husband plays the piano... the only thing is that he has a stake calling which takes him to other wards just about every other week! :( Oh well! At least when I leave they will only have to sing acapella every other week!!! haha
No Kayla did not tell me she´s getting married! Dec 19th! Are they doing announcements? If they are send me one! They are going to get married 364 days after I got my mission call!!! hehe Well, de todas modas... Felicidades!
Camera... Go Buy It!!! if there´s a store warranty that covers it for a few years... even dropping it... get that too... if it´s not too expensive. Once again, I trust your Judgement! Get it sent with this package if you can!... and I want the owners manual... Just tear out the pages that are in english and only send that.
Any specialties for Christmas for back home? I better get something sent soon! or at least put together soon.
That is a good letter that Aunt Monica sent! Unfortunately with some ...not the best... news. Well, I will pray for them that everything wil go well this weekend. And that they can bring Sasha home!
It is sweet to see the change in people as they grasp onto the truth! Alessandra is one that loves to learn! Our contact with her was practicing english with her and teaching her a little bit in english. then she just wanted to know everything about the gospel. She has the faith and just needs the beliefs to be formed. She´s like a bit of clay on a wheel. Soft, moldable and will be thrown in the kiln on the 21st and 22nd! The Lord is sitting on the stool and we are the hands of the Lord. She, and her family, will be stong members! They have been so prepared! Back to grasping the gospel... Her mom has already commented to her and us, in the short two weeks that we´ve taught her, that she has noticed a great change in her. And the members see her love for the gospel as well! She is Awesome!!!
Well, I think that´s about all I have to say for this week!
I love you all very much and pray for you continually!
Con Amor,
Uncle Elder Austin Heywood
ps. I did get my package! ;) haha That was a happy friday! I also got a letter from Amy! :D Thanks for the Pecans!!! I didn´t even scarf them... they took me 3 whole hours to finish! jk I think I´ve eaten about 7 of them. I´m doing good! And Elder Jensen liked the Reese´s! Thanks!!! And a special thanks for the Josh Groban´s You Raise Me Up!!! I absolutely Love that song!!! Smooth move on the "Religious Books" haha! I was curious about that when I saw it! Anyway, I love you all! Talk to you... well, on Christmas... but I´ll write you again at least once before then! hehe
Mucho Amor!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment