Monday, December 6, 2010

Activity coming up

Our Christmas tree with my birthday gift. 

Well, this week we went to the family´s house in Tomelloso (the one that has 7 kids) and had the best lesson ever with them!  Two of the kids said they had prayed and want to be baptised!  They will be baptised on the 12th and we are hoping that the other two children will also pray and receive their answer!  That would be the answer to many prayers!  The lesson I´ve learned is that it requires everything that the missionaries have in order to see miracles.  We are going to see many great things here!

This Saturday we have a branch activity and I think it´s going to be a great thing for the investigators!  I will also be spending a bit of time on saturday cooking an extra big chicken noodle soup for the baptism.  They live a half hour away so they are staying after church and the whole family and some members and some investigators will probably be at president´s house and I told them I was cooking!   It might turn into a bigger thing than I thought!  what´s done is done!  To the kitchen!

The transfers are on the 16th of December!... Next week!  I will be letting you know about when to call by next monday... hopefully!  The number won´t be available until the week of Christmas!  Let me know when the family can be gathered together so that I can talk with you all!  I don´t know if I´ll be transfered or not anymore!  Pres. Clegg pulled me aside after a meeting and asked me what I thought about transfers.  I gave him an indifferent answer.  I also have no clue what´s going on because there are so many Elders that are supposed to be coming in that don´t have their visas yet.  So that could really throw the mission for a spin.  So it´s all up in the air.

Thank you for putting E on the prayer roll!  She has improved a TON since two weeks ago!!!  We are doing what we can to distract her from her depression and focussing on the happy things in life!  The most interesting thing that she did was thank us for not getting mad when she called us and we ran over there last week!  She just needs more people that can help her smile!

I´m glad to hear that Jared is doing well with his health!  I hope he continues to improve!  And how are he and Jill doing?  Any other updates from friends?  I can´t remember if I told you or not but Elder Hafen is getting married!  Do you know anything about Kam?

Well, I love you all and wish you the best during the holiday season!  

Elder Austin Heywood

No comments: