Monday, September 27, 2010

Elder Fetzer

Well, Elder B is being transfered!!! We did get along a lot better the last little bit but I think it was just because I knew I only had him a couple more days!!! My new companion is Elder Fetzer from Salt Lake City... That´s Utah right? jaja My only companion so far that didn´t come from or go back to Utah is Elder B. Elder Fetzer is a way cool kid and we get along really well! He´s way chill and he likes a clean piso!!! :D He doesn´t cook much but that´s alright because I love to cook! This is his fourth transfer in the mission and he came from a companionship that was about the same as what I just went through! So we´ve both been humbled a bit and are working great together!

He was just in Chiclana in Cadiz... I don´t know if you remember the Rodriguez family. That´s where they live! He was also there close to Elder Going! So we have a lot of connections and it´s great! Elder Going, my father (trainer), died (went home) on tuesday! He went home and I didn´t even get to say goodbye! :´( He was still my favorite companion but I´ve had some great ones since then. And this one is going to be great as well!!!

We are in the process of turning this place around! It might end up going a lot faster than we predicted! The biggest thing that will help is that we can visit the older single women without anybody... because there never is anybody. In Madrid they couldn´t even meet with them alone in the chapel!!! We have two great members that live here in town that haven´t had the missionaries in their houses in years because the Mission President in Madrid was way strict on that. when we told them that we can visit them they both got way happy because they need the missionaries in their homes! That is one thing that will help a lot with the excitement here!

Another thing that we´re wanting to do is put together an activity but we´re not sure what we can do with so few members. We need some ideas. one thing that I thought of was those games that you do with groups and the only way to do them is work together. Like the ones we did at Joseph´s Eagle Project. What´s that activity called and what are some of those games?

By the way, I am still in ALCAZAR... it´s not aclaraz. ;) And the Liahona that we were in is the september liahona.... but remeber that it was in the local news section and won´t show up in the liahona there in the USA.

Hey when you send the package can you send a picture of the US. Capital building? I drew a flag and now I need something to put behind it but I don´t have any other good ideas. If you can think of something else that would be good for behind the flag I´m open to them.

We have a few new investigators but I it´s way hard to get ahold of a lot of them. we are trying to do everything we can but it´s dificult. My mindset has changed though and I know that I am doing my part so nothing else matters!!!

For once in my mission I have been able to focus on the mission and like being here! It´s wierd and I am loving it! I hope it doesn´t take Kyle and Ryan and Devin and Jared that long to enjoy it. My biggest problem was that I came on the mission mainly for two reasons! 1) to move out of the house. 2) to please family and friends. I had that mindset and it was hard to change it, but I have finally been able to!

We are looking forward to this conference and working towards some baptisms! (cross the fingers). Alcazar is improving little by little! :D

I love you all and hope you all have a great... 3 days till I write again! This time I will be writing on Monday!!! ;)

Con Amor,
Elder Heywood

No comments: