We have about 6 primary kids in our branch. Thanks for all the ideas. I will get them to our primary leader. The only one that I con´t see working is the flag etiquette one. The Spaniards don´t have much of a love/respect for the flag like us Americans. It was really weird in the CCM when my teacher told us to buy a Spanish flag and have each one of our companions sign it. We were all appalled that someone would even think of such a thing. But that´s just how it is here. The flag doen´t have real meaning to them like it does for us.
My foot is still in a little bit of pain but it´s getting better. after a long day of walking it hurts and I can´t wait to get back to the piso and take the pressure off. In all, though, it´s fine and I´m getting by alright! I was lucky that I didn´t have the temptation to play soccer on saturday. We normally play every saturday but this week we went to visit some members out in the ""(middle of nowhere). It took an hour and 45 minutes to get out there...in car. If we took the bus it would have taken about 4 hours. Their home teacher was going out there and heard us say that we were going out there so he offered to take us. Their house is sweet! It´s an 200 year old... and a little restored... house about 3 miles away from anybody. it´s clear up in the hills of Jaén. You can look it up. Cabra de Santo Cristo, Jaen is the name of the nearest town to their house. I´ll also send a picture of the rolling hills out there. It was amazing. Oh yeah, the house reminded me of exactly what a farm house in the mountains should be. It was amazing!
*never mind I won´t send a picture this week. I forgot the connection cord for my camera.*
My interview with president went well. It was probably the best one I´ve had so far. When I asked him, "What is the one thing that you as a mission president want us as missionaries to learn?" He responded, "I want to help you reach your devine potential." He also said, "I want to teach you to be able to access the light on your own. I don´t want to be the light, because I can´t be with you all the time." He expounded a little bit more but that´s what I remembered and was able to write down afterwards.
The ratio that the missionaries gave you is very resonable and we received a promise about member missionary work. It was directed to our area but I´m sure it would make some kind of difference in any place in the world. We were told that if every member in spain gave out one pass-along card every year we would have 50 more baptisms every year. And if every member gave out one pass-along card every week we would grow by a stake in convert baptisms every year. That is quite a few baptisms! And in reality, giving out cards is easy. I remember the story of when Bishop LeBaron helped someone get their truck unstuck and then gave a card to them. The trick is to have the card in your possesion in the first place! Get some!!!
We had an FHE the other day with a member family and they shared a story about a little boy that got stuck under a garage door and died and then came back to life and shared his experience. It was given by Loyd Calenn and in spanish the title was Librar los Pajaritos. In english the best I can think the title might be is Free the Little Birds. It was an awesome story and relates to temple work. It´s worth looking for and sharing with the family.
The baptism did not go through but she is going to continue visiting with us. She brought her mom with her to church this week! That was huge! We visited he mom on saturday and met a whole new person. From the first time that we met with her till saturday she has turned around 180º!!! We actually enjoyed being in their house this time! hahaha So I think that we should be getting somewhere with the both of them soon.
Apart from that we are trying to get a hold of I... He has been working and hasn´t been able to meet with us. But on the bright side... S, the less active member, came again. And this time his little sister came as well. She is also a member but she expressed her desire to come back to church. She will be the only young woman in the branch. It´s a little hard but there are some good newly-weds that are more teenagers than anything so she will have some friends in church. :) Even better... Her and Elder Hafen were talking about something to do with her and her brothers and the youth... She wants to play frisbee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D
I´m going to be sad when I leave this area and don´t have any more access to a good frisbee... unless you want to send me one!?! But you´d have to send it in a different package because it wouldn´t fit in the envlopes that you use. ***hint!!!!*** haha jk
Well, I can´t send you any more pictures this week but I hope you enjoyed the ones you got last week!
Love you all,
Elder Austin Keith Heywood
Monday, May 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment